Mother of Frankenstein challenges you to solve a series of puzzles in order to learn the truth behind Shelley’s infamous monster. While challenging enough for serious puzzlers, it also features a rich, emotional narrative composed by New York Times bestselling YA novelist Tommy Wallach, which will have you and your loved ones feeling all the feelings.
The game is divided up into three acts, each of which is presented in a separate “volume” (i.e. a hollowed-out book). Each volume contains a trove of documents and objects, all of them beautifully crafted and cunningly designed (ostensibly my Mary Shelley herself) in order to reveal a great secret she left to her only surviving child. Included in every box is also a full copy of the 1818 edition of Frankenstein (both for puzzle necessity and general enjoyment).
You’ll build a three-dimensional castle, manipulate locks and secret compartments, and even harness the power of electricity!
The core game of Mother of Frankenstein, a narrative puzzle game inspired by the life of Mary Shelley. 12-15 hours of gameplay divided into three delicious volumes. A 2D puzzle, a 3D puzzle, linking rings that spin, and dozens upon dozens of deliciously crafted documents for your puzzling pleasure.
- The Shelley Volumes, secured with antique combination locks -Dozens of hand-crafted letters, maps, charts, poems, diagrams, and various other sundry items of the paper persuasion.
- Three sets of concentric rings that spin independently and allow you to solve Volume 1 of MOF -A 300-piece 2-D Jigsaw Puzzles, representing the floor plan of Castle Frankenstein, central to Volume 2 of the game
- A 3-D “Castle of Frankenstein” Jigsaw Puzzle – you’ll use this masterpiece to solve puzzles in the climactic Volume 3
Mother of Frankenstein as it was meant to be experienced. With the ULTIMATE edition in addition to enjoying the base game itself, you will: :
- Immerse yourself even further in the world of Mary Shelley with aged documents on premium paper and packaging designed to mimic a genuine auction-house style crate
- Bone up on your Shelley by reading our limited edition, faux-leather-bound printing of Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, featuring original art by acclaimed comic-book artist Liana Kangas and a smattering of mind-bending puzzles
- Enjoy the game a second time (or pass it along to a friend) with the included refill pack. NOTE: The refill pack does NOT have the upgraded (i.e. aged/premium) documents.
- Don’t just read the letters, but hear them read aloud by professional actors on a custom vinyl record
- Record your notes and thoughts in a custom faux-leather journal featuring even more puzzles
- Satisfy your inner Goth by playing by candlelight (candlesticks and candlestick holders included!) and solving all the puzzles with a dip pen and powdered ink (also included!)